Saturday, December 17, 2016

It was the cat's pajamas!

A while back now, a dear friend was invited to a house party ... and - when she was filling me in on the event - she ALSO spoke about how wonderfully clean and pretty the house was! which was in sharp contrast to where and how she was currently living en famille  ...

This is one of the things that went through my mind last evening, as I went to the country house beautiful, something out of a magazine, house, of two friends of mine, for a Christmas party ... It wasn't the Jeannee-clutter of having the contents of a house, squished into a 3 room with bath, apartment .... And it was something else, too:  it was a testament of the "made with love" that this couple has had over the past 30 years of marriage and everything that has gone into building a life, together.  I've lived around that, visited extensively around that (as in last evening, with an abundance of grab and go foods that were perfect for visiting over!) -- but I've never had that, because no other human being has ever decided that aging (gracefully or not!) with me is worthwhile.  Dear Sweet CoCo hung in nearly twenty years, God bless her! but no one who has ever claimed that they love me in a couple relationship ....

So last night was many things - Christmastime-energized!  Fun fellowship under God's aegis! my most favorite, YUMMY!, style of Christmas cookies!  Energetic singing led out by my dear friend and truly talented, coffeehouse-style, singing friend Rosemary! -- but it was also the above ....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment