Friday, June 13, 2014

Birthday in-print

A dear friend $ent me a birthday present in a card! ... Who knew it would be such an outrageou$ $um merely to see a movie?!! ... That said, it also gave me two delicious bags of fresh coffee! - which I needed & so I went into Barnes & Noble for, ALSO naturally :)  looking for a 'birthday in-print' ... and what I purchased was "The Soul/Body Connection: Your 2014 Guide to Spirituality & Health".  What intrigued me were there 6 Paths to the Sacred:

Get Grounded.
Revisit sacred texts.
The joys of the  body.
Foods of the Gods
A life of abundance
Tools for spiritual leadership

I have not yet sat down & read it, BUT - that said - I have noticed there '10 Vows for Daily Living', adapted by Thich Nhat Hanh & Rabbi Rami Shapiro ... I'm sure you shall notice alignment to at least one other sacred text (which, of course, is one of the paths to the sacred!):

God is the source of liberation.
God cannot be named.
God cannot be owned.
Remember the Sabbath.
Honor your parents.
Do not murder.
Avoid sexual misconduct.
Do not steal.
Do not lie.
Do not covet.

No comments:

Post a Comment