Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Something bad happened here ....

Back somewhere in the 80s, I had a friend that I met at work ... this guy was, in my humble opinion, a Renaissance man:  he could sing (he sang at my wedding in 95) ... he could cook///cater, and cut hair ... he was a wonderful person to sit and have a conversation with! - he was not only intelligent enough to hold a real conversation - he was insightful - like having my own Marianne Williamson or Oprah (or you insert the name - you get the idea)because he pushed me to be a better version of myself (which led to some screaming matches, as I resisted) ... even with the multiple jobs he held, he always had alot of friends from all different walks from life AND he kept up with them ... he even insisted on supporting his former wife's children and being in there life, too (the judge said he had never met a man like him), treating them like his own biological children, which he also did w/ his niece & nephew... he was the guy who introduced me to CD101.9 jazz, and Tracey Chapman, and whether or not to actually eat in a new restaurant (another story there) ....

We didn't have a falling out - we moved apart:  I was going to be married and moving to Maine in 95, and he was chasing this bad boy and moving to Florida with him .... with a really common name, I've looked for him online over the years but 'good luck Chuck' there --

until today

He and my Dad always got along well, and that's a good thing, because they're together .... with the brevity of this notice - with it not even talking about all the things he did that were so fantastic, and loving, and talented - I can only say something really bad happened here:

Douglas L. Greene

AGE: 54 • Metuchen

Douglas L. Greene of Metuchen NJ, residing in Tamarac Fla. passed Monday, Feb. 11, 2013. He was 54 years of age.

Douglas was preceded in death by his parents, Dolores and Vernard A. Greene Sr. Surviving siblings are Vernard A. Greene Jr. of Perth Amboy, NJ and Donna R. Greene-Stout of Hamilton Twp.; niece, Desiree Greene and nephew, Jonathan Greene of Fords NJ.
-

1 comment:

  1. I figured this was more of a "comment", than an update ...
    I just went to look-up CD 101.9 ... and discovered it had gone off the air! It's as deceased, as the friend who introduced it to me ... I sat here and thought about two other coworkers from that time who I know without a doubt, are also gone (one also prematurely) ... and I don't have that car, those parents, that residence, either ... and I have strong suspicions the company doesn't even exist anymore! What this does, is make me feel even more invisible and unanchored, and sad - and yeahhh I'm taking my meds, as prescribed ....

    ReplyDelete