Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Gratitude .... 9:30 Weds (April 7th) morning ... in no particular order

1.  Yes, I am grateful for Delilah and Big Mama! even tho Delilah is in this fussy feline stage where she's turning her nose up at her usual food (adding more as well as dishchanging have been fails this time around) and then scratching the side of my chair because she's hungry and so why don't I just get up and give her food?!  Whaddya mean, I have a full dish of food - different food - go buy it !!!  This gets really comical if you remember she is a stray who ate anything to survive until ... well, until she got fussy ;)  Of course, you know, the one way to make her eat is to put her dish outside for the other strays ... then OF COURSE! she'll have to run outside and eat that because THEY GET BETTER STUFF ;)~~~

2.  I am very grateful to have my computer back!!!  I am connecting with people, websurfing, and watching television again :)  I am even shopping for non-computered friends :)  

3.  An online friend is celebrating 13 years married today ... and there wedding was on "A Wedding Story" back then!!!  What I am especially grateful for in this case is that I'm not in the situation I was in, when her wedding was broadcasted:  living with an angry husband who ranted and raved and shook his index finger in my face - followed by the silent treatment, with the required pouty face - upon realizing that I had those type of friends (he deliberately cut his college classes to come home and 'catch me' watching it, even tho I thought I had hidden it well).

4.  Being in my own apartment ... I don't know if I can extend the lease for another year ($$$) - with that comes issues of moving again, what happens to cats that are partially outdoor types when you take them to new locations, the prospect of cinderblock walls (I don't have esteem issues with public housing - but I do have issues with cinderblock interior walls), and just feeling like I don't have a permanent place.

4, part b.  That I can actually smoke cigarettes - a legal product - inside my own apartment.  Pot is suddenly legal everywhere, but GOD FORBID! you should want to smoke a cigarette!  Well, here, I still can do that - alot of apartments nowadays and pratically all public housing - nada.  Let's not talk about how its okay to have drunks and bratty kids in there, but GOD FORBID ...

5.  Food in the house, and the ability to purchase more (not that I've been eating like I should ...).  Even the ability to dine out of the house if I wish (I've been wishing too much ...).  Even food for cats!

5, part b.  The basics:  Electric, running water, food & shelter, a running vehicle, money in my handbag - even the choice of more than one handbag if I wanted it!, clean underwear, writing supplies.

2, part B.  I was catching up with Lana in Indiana, and if a breathtakingly beautiful blonde woman who dresses well and has a snazzy black special-edition Caddy and a snowbird house has trouble finding a decent date ... hey, I don't feel so bad ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment