Saturday, January 28, 2017

Stevie Nicks and me: these dreams.....

I know what happens when my antidepressant du jour stops working (usually after a year or so):  all the very vivid, symbolic dreams heavily come crashing back again.  I love them - I do!  They give me both story ideas AND now that I understand symbolism and how to study them, fill me in.  Don't worry!  I know by now that not taking my meds 'just' for the dreams is - literally - crazy-making: I'm otherwise not too good in functioning .... Early this a.m., I had a heavily symbolic dream in which I woke up crying from its content, and I wanted to record it :

I was in the mall - I was working, but not in a store - in an office.  I was all dressed-up.  My father was supposed to pick me up from work.  I was waiting and WAITING.  Where the heck IS he?!  

I took off my shoes and started walking around in my pantyhose.  Naturally, inside the mall, my hose got dirty ... and then when I started walking out in the parking lot looking for him, the nylon shredded and tore and my feet got cut and bloody ...

I turned a corner and there was a large picnic table of Jewish people: they were speaking Yiddish, laughing, eating that good rye bread ... and in the midst of them was - my very Catholic father.  "Hey, doll!" he grinned.  "They made me an honorary Jew!  Whoa, what a good time we're having here!"

And as much as I wanted to go home with my Daddy ... I knew he was having such a good time, so - I left him with his new friends and went on walking, even with exposed, cut, and bleeding feet ....

No comments:

Post a Comment