Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Elizabeth Warren #shepersists

I went on my Twitter feed just now, and so I was able to catch-up on the whole Elizabeth Warren debacle going on #nevertheless,shepersists!

What alot of people are saying is, naturally, about silencing women who speak-up ... and, also naturally, each and every time I read about some woman going through this, I, too, think of my own experiences - but there is one that especially comes to mind --

I was a resident of such a large city, that it literally encompassed THREE COUNTIES.  A tour by feet would NOT be recommended here!  In fact, in the years I lived there - even when it was years - I was still finding spaces I didn't even know existed! ....

As unfortunately happens to me far too often, a dental problem punched through my usual pain levels and into the stratosphere ... I went to one of those walk-in, emergency dentists - I had seen there huge sign on my way rolling past to other areas, and so when the need arose - well, I thought this would be perfect, you see ....

I did NOT have a good experience.  About the only GOOD thing I can say is I walked out of there with antibiotics to treat the infection, BUT I certainly knew! that I needed to see 'a real dentist' to address this ... and .... not knowing one and this being such a HUGE area, I asked a friend if she could make a recommendation???

Oh, I sure can!  He's actually been rated the #1 in this city, and for more than one year, too!  (Research confirmed all of that.)  Sigh ... well, I knew this would mean $$$ to get help, but I had that, thank God, so I called and made an appointment ...

I went in, and - at first - everything was fine:  lovely office; professional, friendly staff; even patients who had just had a small part of there body removed, seemed happy and were shaking his hand!  Gee, this guy must be somethin' else!

I went into the treatment room with the dentist and an assistant, and of course we had to talk before as well as during (don't you love when they do that?!) and then after -- and the after is when the problem happened:  He asked me a question - Jean, you've obviously had a tooth removed back here - but why in heavens name did that dentist leave half of it in your gums?!

Well, there was a whole story about that, actually - one that in hindsight was kind of funny, actually (especially if you stand for dark humor) ... so ... I proceeded to tell him and his assistant, when --

He shushed me and told me I was being one of those too loud women

The perfect dentist, rated #1 in this three-county city, had just become at least a jerk, if not a slight misogynist ... and ... I was done.  In more ways than one!  I not only had all the dental work required at that time (nooo thank you I'm not AT ALL considering making a major life plan with YOU to come in here and spend time getting the work done I should have done), I had all I could tolerate of HIM, too.  

Mr #1 dentist, yeahhh ... I can hardly even imagine what #2 was like ;-  (Oh, wait, do you think he's in politics?!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment