Monday, July 24, 2017

My own theory of relativity

I can distinctly recall a better day, standing outside in the evening air, chuckling and nodding my head in agreement at the number of people within a certain group of people that we both knew (& were part of), that I, too, was one of X number in there who could comprehend  Einstein's theory of  relativity ....

.... along similar lines, there are lots and lots of things I understand ... for example: the company my father worked for had a terrific way to handle employee vacations:  they closed the plant for the first two weeks every August and paid everyone :>  

Yet the older I get, there are less and less things that I do understand - especially those that everyone else seems to take in stride as "well ... thats the way it is! how it works!" :  fidget spinners and putting lanterns together and how soap pumps & command hooks work and Cold Stone ice cream and how you have to have a credit card to try a "free" trial on Hulu (and other entities) ....

... and why Charlie Gard wasn't allowed to come over here to get well, and how those same doctors are now jumping up and down now about how much pain he's experiencing, when others in the same community abort babies who feel pain.  

... my own theory of relativity is that I'll just sit here with "Miss" Delilah on my lap, and try to find a video that doesn't annoy me or make me further upset, confused, or in tears, and keep praying inbetween, because --

-- because, well now!, there. are. just. so many things! that I don't understand the relevancy of!

No comments:

Post a Comment