Friday, November 21, 2014

Open Letter to EAUS

Dear Elkton Area United Services,

... and how dear you are!  Really!  For such a small town, you provide a wealth of decent food to those of us who are struggling ... even to single people, which to be honest I've seen in no other area I've resided!

But we must do something about the pickup system.

We stand out there in the cold, or the heat, for a half hour, more ... and then the line is even slower once we get inside.  And there is no place to sit down ... even tho quite alot of us collecting food are seriously disabled;  I've seen oxygen tanks, walkers, canes, and heard about others with back problems and fibromyalgia like myself ...

Today, unfortunately, is typical for me:  as grateful to God as I am for all that I rec'vd ... I am in agony.  My legs spasmed and jumped when I lay down in the bed; my heels are giving me sharp stabs - I've even yelled at my beloved cat for jumping on the back of  my chair, for the shockwaves it sends through my body in its sensitized fibromyalgia state.

Please, can we do SOMETHING?!! about this system?!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jeannee, I'm so sorry you are in pain. Yes, the shops aren't always so helpful for those in pain or ill. You are right, they should do something. X l

    ReplyDelete