Saturday, September 30, 2017

And here is why I made that gift .....

A few hours ago now, I bunked into a friend who had a confidential update to tell me - which included the returning of something of mine she had borrowed.  The shortest version (and the most respectful of someone else's storytime) is - I so completely surprised her by making a gift of the loan-er, she - as they say here in the deep South - 'fell about my neck' .....

People who know me well, know how deeply and emotionally sentimental and attached I become to physical objects: especially those whose history I know as intimately as I know my own!  I've dragged things halfway across the country and back again, unused, because I had such an emotional bonding with them ....

.... Sure, there have been crunch times when I had to let go of something, or God specifically told me - give X to Y, Jean.  But - more often than not - what has always, always made that easier for me to let go of something is knowing it's going to get a home.   This item, I know, is going into a building that's going to be a place of "we love each other and so we're living HERE", that is going to have - in addition to all of that! - beauty (a mutual friend referred to her gardening as 'a Garden of Eden!')  and good cooking .... loved ones all around who shall, most likely, love this item, too! .... even a beautiful kitty-cat who looks like a near relative to my Delilah and Big Mama (and yeahhh we discussed Big Mama's using this friend's bird feeder as her "takeout diner" ;- )  --

-- in other words --

a home 

No comments:

Post a Comment