Monday, July 11, 2016

Sorry, Charles - it just makes it feel -- long ....

"We believe the LORD is in control, and keeps His promises, then we must trust ... that our hardships have a purpose ..."  Charles Stanley

Facebook has come up with this new feature in which it brings up to your newsfeed, some status update you shared years ago, and gives you the option to reshare it again ... several of my friends have done so, usually with updates ....

This morning I logged on FB and I saw a memory I did not necessarily want to recall:  the day that I went out in 100 degree heat, to the Community Action Board, to obtain a borrowed window a/c unit, so CoCo and I could survive without getting heatsick.

This woman here knows that it's a spot of gratitude, that they had such a service available, and that it is a reminder to stop and pray for them and all the good they do for others in the previous community where I resided .....

But this is not one of these recalled memories that have me looking wistfully back at another time and place - it reminds me of financial hardship; it reminds me and brings back up all the resentments I have against a certain a/c service dealership that manipulated and misinformed me into a system that took the last of my money, was actually delicate and needed babying, and when that didn't happen - because the pretending-to-be-my-friend serviceman didn't bother filling me in that this new heatpump needed constant and professional upkeep - the whole, expensive system blew, leaving us without cooling in the blazing summer, and heat, when the weather turned (we moved right before Thanksgiving, and we were heating with space heaters then), and reduced the sale price of the house itself, because it didn't have a working unit..  And -- I'm sorry, Charles:  it just makes it feel long, when a so-called 'memory' like that pops up on my Facebook feed .... long and tired and hard as nails, and I guess I just need to take a deeper breath and as I said in the last paragraph ... recall the GOOD ONES that have been there, and asking the God of my understanding to bless those, who've been a blessing .....

1 comment:

  1. we have to always focus on the good people, especially now. there are more good than bad, more kind and loving, i am sure of that!!!

    ReplyDelete