Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Open letter to Target, since

the contact part of your website is supposedly down for maint. (but not the selling part ...)

Ok, here goes:  in a quest to help a client without prescription coverage, a social service director rooted around and found me a $4 prescription at Target - hurrah!  I like Target!

I still don't have my prescription in hand.  I NEED MY PRESCRIPTION!  Here are my problems to date:

I hate it when you go to a counter - you can see three employees with there backs turned to you - who don't acknowledge waiting customers.  Of course, once I started to rearrange the stuff on the counter, I got help right away ....

Most of the problem seems to lay within the reading of the script ... my doctor said she wanted me on 40 mg - BUT - as that is more expensive - she would prescribe me 20 mg and tell me to take two ... First, I was told it was nearly $25.  When I gasped and said it should be $4, the cashier went to check with some mystery supervisor I never saw, who never had the decency to address the customer - instead she returned to tell me that was because it was 40 mg.  NO!  I explained why it was supposed to be 20 mg.  At this point it seemed to me that the problem was that someone (the mystery supervisor?) misread the prescription's instructions ... however, I was told that "we'll have to call your doctor to confirm this."  So far I've been told "your doctor isn't in the office" - no, but others are, who can read medical charts, who are her supervisors, and who can clear this up!

Target sends lots of text messages on your prescription - that you can't reply to.

Now I've received a call that just makes me want to scream so badly, I don't dare answer it:  My birthdate is 6 12 63.  Yes, I look slightly older than that - but its 6 12 63 on every single piece of identification I own, including my prescription .... well, someone at pharmacy thinks its 6 12 53 and they can't fill it "due to the conflict ... please call ..."  What conflict beyond basic stupidity?!  Do I look 61 years old - really?!!  

C'mon, Target!  Its almost worth it to take the money out of the grocery money and pay more at another location!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment