Tuesday, October 31, 2017

What does Joyce Meyer, have to do with Happy Birthday, Nan! ???

There are several different ways that I can walk this story out to y'all ... but the one I want to write about today is the slow rising of the Sonlight that has come with the marking of time since Those Couple of Years Where Everyone Turned A Corner .... something I only just put into actual speaking words, while talking to a dear friend a few weeks back now --

Love me some Joyce Meyer!  She has innumerable statements and insights that are as sharply edged and true, as Scripture says words should be! - one of which is - when life blows-up - when life knocks you flat on your back and you're struggling to breathe - "don't go to the phone - go to the Throne!"

As much as I would grin and cheer whenever she said so, I was actually well-known for doing so - for years and decades and 'in one century, out the next' .... And then I went through that time of amputation, when people passed over - several unexpectedly and as suddenly as turning a corner while your feet are on the ground in a small Southern city and - I'm in Budapest?!!  --and several more - all of them people I would phone rather than throne with -- walked out on me.

No, I'm not sitting here telling you that I no longer have friends, confidantes, accountability partners in my life - that - at least for me - would indicate that something wasn't 'just right' on a mental///spiritual level .... What I am telling you, tho, is that by such people being yanked right off the escalator I was riding on, it has brought me more and more,  closer and closer, to walking to That Throne, before telephoning or even typing.

And so .... there has been a tremendous spiritual giftedness out of such pain, that it felt like the skin was being peeled off my body.  On a day of giving gifts to someone whose birthday it is today, what I need to do instead is to thank her yes! thank her! for being part and parcel of a tremendously valuable gift from God +

No comments:

Post a Comment